Lucy Star Doll Dress PDF Pattern
This is a special 18" doll dress pattern that strikes a balance between lovely, sweet, and interestingly smart details for the girl in your life who has a big imagination.
Some of the features include:
* can be made for handmade 16-18" handmade Waldorf dolls or American Girl Dolls
* an adorable bodice with contrast piping
* a peter pan collar
* a scalloped peplum skirt
* shirred inset back bodice
* lots of photos for each step
It is my hope that this dress will spark hours of creative play within your child's heart that only the wonder of a one-of-a-kind item can. My most ambitious wish is that one day she will run her hands over the details and admire your patient love for her when unpacking it as a keepsake for her own children and be clothed in memories.
See photos in product listing to see fabric yardage needed.
Additional materials needed:
* elastic thread for shirring
* zipper or piping foot required
* 4 buttons
* 1 yard of 3/8" to 1/2" wide ribbon for the straps (see my supply shop)
* 1 yard of ribbon or trim for hem of skirt
* 1 yard piping cord 1/8" or narrower
* 1/8 yard of 3/8" ribbon for button placket
* turning tool (a chopstick or a long pencil will work too)
* quilting ruler, rotary cutter, and quilting mat (optional)
* fabric pencil
* 1/4" wide wonder tape (optional but highly recommended to create the button placket with ease)
Handmade waldorf sculpted doll in photo by the talented artist and friend of mine Lindsay with Glimmer Row Doll Boutique